Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Tactical Action Officer (TAO) Trainer
Develops; organizes; and conducts Combat Systems / Operational training and educational programs for personnel assigned to USS FREEDOM (LCS-1) Littoral Combat Ships. Must be capable of conducting conventional knowledge-based classroom teaching and performance/scenario-based laboratory training.
The candidate would serve as a Senior Mission Control Center (MCC) Instructor to train sailors in tactical employment of the LCS combat system and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of automated doctrine systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for LCS courses supporting ship Host Combat System operations and employment training.
GENERAL TASK DESCRIPTION:
- Must be prepared to support the Train to Qualify (T2Q) and Train to Certify (T2C) process utilizing shore-based trainer requiring dynamic assessment of watchstanders during integrated scenarios.
- Primary instruction in LCS-1 Tactical Action Officer (TAO) Capstone and LCS-1 Crew Certification Training. Additional trainer support required to act as Warfare Commander in scenario lab-based environments.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Formal Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
- Based on seniority; will be responsible for the preparations of subordinate instructor’s annual performance appraisals for leadership.
- Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Candidate will be required to support a second shift work schedule on a rotational basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Seven (7) years of experience in all facets of combat systems tactical employment to include the management of combat systems personnel, planning and direction of Navy Surface, Air and Subsurface Warfare mission requirements, and Command and Control of shipboard combat operations.
- Of the seven years, one (1) year of experience as an Instructor/Trainer/Evaluator in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems
- Experience as a qualified TAO and/or a Master/Afloat Training Specialist in support of CSCS/TACTRAGRU/ATG is a significant plus.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
- Hold Current Secret Clearance or able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Travel may be up required to 10 % of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 7 years (Preferred)